Energy Star Energy Efficient Homes & Green Buildings
No Limits Construction provides LEED & Green Building resulting in Energy Efficient Homes in Polk County, St. Croix County, and surrounding areas.
We are proud to be an Energy Star Partner. This means ENERGY STAR approves us, a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy that is helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ encourages and accelerates global adoption of sustainable green building and development practices by creating and implementing universally understood and accepted tools and performance criteria.
If you're into the green lifestyle and looking for an energy-efficient home built with a maximum of recycled materials, we can help! We specialize in cost-effective, energy-efficient homes and construction.
Building a new home is a major investment. The Wisconsin ENERGY STAR Homes Program can help you make the most of that investment with a high-performance home that saves energy and money. Our construction partners are trained to help you build a home that's safer, more comfortable, and built to last.
Wisconsin Energy Star Homes are:
- Built better. Proven standards ensure superior insulation, ventilation, combustion safety, and moisture control.
- More energy efficient. Estimated to be 25 percent more efficient than homes built to the Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code.
- Tested and certified. Third-party consultants verify our homes' high performance.
Plus, when you buy a Wisconsin ENERGY STAR Home, you get the added benefit of knowing you're helping preserve Wisconsin's environment. Less energy used means fewer environmental effects on our air, water, and land.
What Does Green Really Mean?
Looking at two seemingly identical houses, one Energy Star/LEED Certified and the other minimally code-compliant, you won’t notice much on the surface that seems to be different.
The code minimum house will be a little cheaper. Money’s tight, and you want to get the most for your money. So…don’t buy the cheaper house! Spending a little more on the Energy Star home will save you money in the long run because of these differences in the construction.
Energy Efficient Homes:
1. Higher standards of insulation installation, leading to a more weather-tight house.
2. Prescribed detailing to eliminate wind infiltration virtually.
3. Minimal usage of low-performance insulation products such as fiberglass.
4. Class 1 Cellulose insulation, a locally recycled product that is sustainable.
5. More efficient heating systems and sealed ductwork to reduce air leakage.
6. Floor system air sealing for greater comfort.
7. Efficient doors and windows.
8. Low E glass.
9. Sealing around doors and windows with high-performance materials.
10. Sealed combustion direct vent heating equipment.
11. No fuel smell from oil heating equipment.
12. Attics and knee walls sealed from living spaces as if they were outdoors (which they are).
13. Up to 35% heating cost savings.
14. SEER 12 and SEER 14 cooling equipment.
15. Indoor comfort at lower temperatures because of reduced drafts.
16. High-efficiency lighting reduces lighting costs by 75%.
17. Higher humidity levels are achievable without damage to the house – approximately 40% for greater health and comfort indoors.
18. Constant/periodic ventilation to refresh interior air.
19. Gas stove hoods vent outdoors for fumes and cooking odors.